Our friends at Eats.com just checked City Harvest’s Annual Summer in the City, one of the season’s hottest eating events. Here’s a taste of what they saw:
Tuesday night, Metropolitan Pavilion hosted City Harvest’s Annual Summer in the City – one of the most well-attended charity events for young taste-makers and foodies alike. Eats.com was there to support the cause and check out some of the delicious foods and notable chefs!
The event was hosted by Generation Harvest, the young, philanthropy group from City Harvest. It was their biggest fundraising event of the year, raising funds for the charity’s 25-year mission dedicated to feeding the city’s most hungry cases. This year, City Harvest plans to collect and deliver over 26 million pounds of excess food from restaurants, farms, manufacturers, grocers and corporate cafeterias for over 600 community food programs throughout the city.
For this year’s event, City Harvest reigned in quite the colorful mix of culinary talent who presented a hybrid of classic and swanky dishes. They secured perennial favorites for the event like Chris Santos of The Stanton Social, Marc Murphy of Landmarc & Ditch Plains and Kelly Taylor of Heartland Brewery. The event also attracted some new and note-worthy restaurants like The Meatball Shop, Hecho en Dumbo and Quattro Gastronomia Italiana. New and old, all 40 chefs felt honored to come together with the community and dish up their most notable courses to combat hunger.
The ultimate foodie trend of the evening: a hodgepodge of sophisticated staples and casual comfort food all peppered with foreign ingredients. Here’s a roundup of some of the dishes we tasted at last night’s event:
- Ditch Plains’ Ditch Dog: a hot dog topped with mac & cheese
- The Meatball Shop’s Chicken Meatballs over mashed potatoes, mushrooms & gravy.
- Oceana’s Peanut Butter Apple Cake
- Delicatessen & MacBar’s Foie Gras & Beef Short Rib Dumplings paired with Mayan Chipotle Mac & Cheese
- Motorino’s Octopus & Potato Salad, sprinkled with chili, parsley & capers
- Ed’s Chowder House’s Chilled Cucumber & Crab Gazpacho with Greek Yogurt
- L’Artusi’s Lamb Ragu Sliders
- Yerba Buena’s Arepa’s with Coffee-Glazed Pork Belly & Cabbage Slaw
To learn more about the work that City Harvest does and to check out their upcoming events, visit their site: http://www.cityharvest.org/
Image courtesy of City Harvest.
Powered by Facebook Comments