The Feast of San Gennaro, the annual Italian street festival in NYC, kicked off its 11-day run last Friday, and just hearing about it is making us hungry!
Each year, San Gennaro takes over the streets of Little Italy to celebrate the culture, music, and most importantly, food of Italy! There are vendors hawking Italian classics, like sausage and pepper sandwiches, the nieghborhood’s tiny cafes and restaurants are packed, and a few especially ambitious eaters even participate in a cannoli-eating contest.
If you can’t make it to this year’s festival – or if you just don’t feel like fighting the crowds – you can still get your Italian food fix. We’ve rounded up some of the Italian restaurants located in Little Italy on Delivery.com. Check out there menus, place an order and have your very own San Gennaro celebration at home.
Don’t live in downtown NYC? No problem. Just enter your zip code at Delivery.com, filter your results by cuisine, and find all of the Italian spots in your neighborhood that deliver. Then, mangia!
- Acquedolci in NYC: (181 Grand St., New York, NY) The perfect place for sandwiches. Choose from one of their creations or make your own at home by ordering cheeses and deli meats by the pound. They sell bread, too!
- Il Piccolo Bufalo in NYC: (141 Mulberry St., New York, NY) From antipasti to pastas to entrees and even pizzas, this spot has it all. Plus, their Sunday Gravy will remind you of dinner at mom’s.
- Positano in NYC: (122 Mulberry St., New York, NY) This Zagat-rated restaurant in Little Italy specializes in homemade pastas. Spaghetti alla Carbonara, Lasagne al Forno and Gnocchi della Casa are just a few of their options.
- Milux Cafe in NYC: (482 Broome St., New York, NY) This cafe serves panini and pastas, but what you really wan to order is dessert. Their biscotti and pastries go perfectly with an authentic Italian coffee.
- Farinella Bakery in NYC: (90 Worth St., New York, NY) This Italian bakery bakes everything fresh daily so their crostini, panini, pizza and calzoni are always delicious.
Powered by Facebook Comments