We know our favorite delivery spots in NYC, but it’s always interesting to hear where other people are ordering from. That’s why we were excited to see New York Magazine’s article on all things delivery this week.
The story listed the go-to delivery spots for some of the city’s biggest names in food and – even better – a bunch of the restaurants that made the list are on Delivery.com! Check out what NYC chefs, food bloggers and more had to say about these Delivery.com merchants, and add let us know your picks for the best delivery spots near you!
- Adam Roberts, the founder of the Amateur Gourmet, had this to say about West Village spot Baoguette: “Chef Michael Bao Huynh packs so much flavor into the food, you feel almost criminal paying so little for it.”
- Tina Ujlaki, the executive editor of Food & Wine, recommends Brick Lane Curry House in Gramercy. “Everything is so delicious here, we even use it for impromptu dinner parties. The peshawari naan filled with sweet ground nuts is almost better for breakfast than dinner.”
- David Chang gets his comfort food at the Hollywood Diner in Chelsea. “I’m a sucker for a grilled cheese on rye. Or, when I really want to impress, I upgrade to the deluxe.”
- Danyelle Freeman, aka Restaurant Girl, likes the spice – and the price – at Tina’s in Midtown West. “It’s super-fast, super-cheap, and super-comforting. I love the pork and the shrimp. I also get fried sweet plantains or boiled yuca. And plenty of hot salsa verde—wish they sold it by the bottle.”
- Amanda Cohen, the chef and owner of Dirt Candy, gets her Thai food from ThaiNY in Murray Hill. “Their vegetarian-duck and green-papaya salads are actually better for the delivery experience (more time to stew in their own juices).”
- Co-owner of 5 & Diamond, Selena Martinez, loves how fast her food arrives when she orders from Fusha. “The spicy-tuna tortilla is so much fun. They take delivery service seriously, and it’s here in maybe twelve minutes.”
- Michael Ferraro, the chef at Delicatessen, warms up with soup from Park Slope’s Bogota Latin Bistro. “They have the best tortilla soup. It’s made with a spicy chipotle broth—so comforting after a long day at work.”
- Greenpointers blogger Justine Carroll gets her hangover cure at Manhattan Three Decker. “On a hungover Sunday afternoon, a McMargie (a triple-decker bacon cheeseburger) delivered will always make you feel better.”
- Darren Lawless, the chef-owner of El Bambino, says the sushi at JJ’s Asian Fusion is always fresh. “Their sushi-roll combinations are excellent and fresh, and placing an order is easy—they’ve stored your information in the computer.”
The article also included a section about non-food deliveries, which Delivery.com offers as well. Village Farm, one of our go-to merchants for groceries, household items and more, was mentioned as a spot to order kitty litter. Sure, they’ve got pet supplies, but they also have so much more. Check them out!
“The Everything Guide to Deliveries” [NY Mag]
Powered by Facebook Comments