In honor of the upcoming holiday, delivery.com went digging through data and discovered a few key trends when people order food and drinks online during Thanksgiving. Not so surprising: when it comes to food, the bird is the word. Last year, turkey was the top seller on Thanksgiving, beating out other year-round favorites like pizza, burgers and salads, with these dishes dominating the most popular list:
- Carved turkey
- Turkey burgers
- Turkey wraps
- Spicy Drunken Turkey (a turkey wrap soaked in bourbon!)
(Remind me again why bourbon-soaked turkey isn’t the most popular dish every day?)
Speaking of which, wine and liquor delivery orders were way up during Thanksgiving week, with top sales going to:
- Red wine (led by Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir)
- White wine (led by Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc)
- Champagne and sparkling wine
Tipping, too, saw an uptick during the season of giving, with online orderers adding an extra 11% to their average tip amount. The cities with the biggest trend toward generosity? Boston increased its average tip amount by 40%, while Stamford, CT went up 35%.
Sure, many restaurants and stores will be closed on Thursday. But here are a few offering special Thanksgiving holiday menus that you can pre-order from now:
- Ernest Klein & Company International Supermarket (Midtown West, NYC) – A full Turkey dinner for 10, cooked and prepared by their chef.
- West Bank Cafe (Hell’s Kitchen, NYC) – An organic, oven-roasted turkey dinner served with sweet potatoes, stuffing, string beans, cranberry orange sauce, carrots, soup, salad and dessert.
- Chelsea Square Diner (Chelsea, NYC) – A full course dinner with your choice of entree and drink, vegetable, soups or salad and dessert.
- CJ’s Famous BBQ – (San Jose, CA) – Three different Thanksgiving Feasts available for pre-order until 3 PM on 11/26.
- Hellas Gyro – (Chicago, IL) – Roasted organic turkey, butter whipped mashed potato and more. Available for delivery on Thanksgiving Day only.
- Zefe’s Mexican Restaurant – (Brooklyn, NY) – Spin on the classic Thanksgiving dinner; turkey tacos, and more.
Powered by Facebook Comments