Did you know American wine drinkers consume more wine on Thanksgiving than any other day of the year? Bottoms up!
Some more fun facts about wine:
- There are 10,000 varieties of wine grapes worldwide.
- Grapes are the only fruit that are capable of producing the proper nutrition for the yeast on its skin and sugar in its juice to ferment naturally.
- Top wine producing countries are Italy, France, Spain, United States and China.
- With age, red wines tend to lose color and will eventually end up a sort of brick red. On the other hand, white wines gain color, becoming golden and eventually brown-yellow.
- Dom Perignon was a monk when he invented Champagne.
- Pulling a cork from a wine bottle requires between 50 and 100 pounds of pulling force.
- A bottle of Champagne contains approximately 49 million bubbles.
- A standard glass of dry red or white wine contains around 110 calories. Sweeter wine has more calories.
- Red wine, typically more than white wine, has antioxidant properties and contains resveratrol, which seems to be important in the cardio-protective effects of wine.
- A “cork-tease” is someone who constantly talks about the wine he or she will open but never does.
Check out who delivers wine near you!
- New York – 10th Ave Wine & Liquors, East Houston Street Wine & Liquor
- D.C. – Ace Beverage (Wine & Spirits)
- Boston – Bauer Wine and Spirits
- Chicago – Evolution Wines & Spirits Pfingsten Rd, Lincoln Ave, Milwaukee Ave, Milk & More (Beer, Wine & Liquor)
- San Francisco – Stop n’ Shop Liquor & Deli
- Los Angeles – The Spirit Shoppe & Deli
- Beverly Hills – Robert Burns Wines & Liquors
Powered by Facebook Comments