Nothing says “holidays” like the sweet scent of sugar cookies wafting from the kitchen. They’re easy to make and impossible to resist, so impress your guests—or indulge yourself—by whipping up a buttery batch! First, you’ll need:
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
…all of which you can get delivered by ordering online from any of these neighborhood spots:
- Chelsea Market Place (Chelsea)
- Dual Specialty Store (East Village)
- Thompson Finest Deli (Soho)
- Village Farm & Grocery (open 24/7) (East Village)
- Zeytuna Market (Upper West Side)
Then follow the instructions below:
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
Not much of a baker? No worries. You can get your sugary kicks from these great restaurants and bakeries:
Powered by Facebook Comments