Our team is working around the clock to help local businesses drive orders and serve customers. We’re excited to share new features Instagram is launching to help make it easier for people to support your business during this COVID-19 outbreak. Now, on Instagram, customers can take action to support their favorite local businesses through food orders and gift cards. This will be available to merchants at no additional cost. These features will be gradually rolled out to businesses over the next few days.
This means businesses offering food delivery on delivery.com will be able to add an “Order Now” button on their Instagram profile, which will link to an order for that restaurant on our site.
The Instagram team is also launching interactive Stories stickers that can be used by our restaurant partners to share with their own content. They’ll be able to share links that will be shown as “Gift Cards” and “Food Orders” Stories stickers. Customers can also re-share these stickers in their own Stories to help spread the word.
How does delivery work?
- Businesses will need to have an Instagram business or creator account and must be set up on delivery.com or another partner.
- Current restaurants on delivery.com can add their delivery.com URL under Action button options in their Instagram profile.
- To sign up with delivery.com, please visit us at https://www.delivery.com/info/merchants
- Eligibility criteria and detailed instructions will also be available in the Instagram Help Center.
- Users tap ‘Order Food and the order is placed through delivery.com
What do customers and followers see?
- User taps on the Stories sticker or button on the Instagram Profile
- To order delivery, the customer is taken to the business’ link on delivery.com in a browser and completes their order.
Customers will be able to re-share a story containing the sticker to support the business.